Salmon is easy, healthy, and delicious prepared in a simple marinade.
In this grilled salmon recipe, filets are marinated in a simple sesame-soy mixture and then grilled until tender and flaky.
Round out this meal with asparagus and rice pilaf, or serve it as a hearty salmon bowl.
Fast, Fresh, and Flavorful
Grilled salmon is so easy to prepare, and it makes for a flavorful and healthy meal that’s ready in just minutes – perfect for those busy weeknights. This lean protein is not only easy to make, it’s elegant and versatile too.
Ingredients for Grilled Salmon
Salmon – This recipe is great with either fresh or frozen salmon filets. Frozen fillets can be thawed while they are marinating. When picking out salmon fillets for grilling, sockeye (or coho) are great choices, if possible, skin on salmon is easier to grill.
Marinade – Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, sesame oil, and fresh lemon juice make add lots of flavor and for a perfectly tenderized filet.
- Change up the salmon marinade by adding lime juice in place of lemon juice, or add a little freshly grated ginger and red pepper flakes.
- If preferred, skip the marinade and add a bit of olive oil, and rub it with salmon seasoning or salt and pepper before it hits the grill! Serve with fresh herbs like parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice.
How to Grill Salmon
- Marinate salmon filets for at least 1 hour.
- Grill salmon flesh side down according to the recipe below. Flip over & cook until the fillets reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Let salmon rest before serving. Serve with lemon slices or wedges.
Sides for Grilled Salmon
- Grilled salmon is great a great dish to serve with fresh grilled vegetables like asparagus. zucchini, or even grilled corn.
- It pairs nicely with a pilaf, cauliflower rice, boiled baby potatoes, or light vinaigrette style pasta salads.
- Add a fruit salsa like pineapple or mango salsa.
Keep leftover salmon covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Did your family love this Grilled Salmon Recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
Easy Grilled Salmon
Salmon filets are marinated in a flavorful sesame-soy marinade and grilled until tender and flaky.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, water, oil, brown sugar, lemon juice, sesame oil, and garlic powder.
Pour over salmon and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour (or up to 8 hours).
Preheat the grill to medium high heat (400°F).
Place salmon, skin side down, onto the grill and cook for 6-8 minutes. Turn over and cook and an additional 5-7 minutes or until salmon reaches 145°F. Do not overcook.
Rest for a few minutes before serving.
Calories: 257 | Carbohydrates: 0.3g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 838mg | Fiber: 0.02g | Sugar: 0.2g | Vitamin A: 68IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.