Chicken Spiedini is worth firing up your grill for! Tender bites of white meat chicken are seasoned with Italian flavors and grilled to tender, juicy perfection in just a few minutes. The best part, though, is the buttery amogio sauce on the side!
What’s in this Chicken Spiedini Recipe
Chicken is tossed in a very simple, yet bold marinade before being grilled and served with the best amogio sauce. All of these ingredients are delightfully simple – you won’t find any unnecessary frills here!
- Chicken Breasts: They’ll need to be cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Olive Oil: Try to use a good quality extra virgin olive oil for the best flavor.
- White Wine: Learn everything you need to know about which wines to cook with HERE! You can also swap this ingredient with chicken broth if you’d like.
- Herbs: You’ll need fresh rosemary and dried oregano to create the very best herbaceous flavor.
- Lemon: After zesting a lemon, squeeze the juice and add it to the sauce for more flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: Go very light with your salt! It can be easy to make the chicken too salty. Also, freshly cracked black pepper will create the best flavor.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: This is the ingredient that really makes the consistency of the chicken so good!
- Parmesan Cheese: For the BEST flavor and consistency, use freshly grated parmesan cheese.
PRO TIP: Be sure to soak your skewers in some water for at least 30 minutes before you place them on the grill with the pieces of chicken attached to them.
What is amogio sauce?
Amogio sauce is a flavorful Italian sauce added to different meats, including this incredible chicken recipe. It consists of olive oil, garlic, butter, chopped parsley, and other fresh ingredients. It has that perfect buttery taste that pairs wonderfully with chicken.
Chicken spiedini is an American dish first created by Camillo Iacovelli, Agostino Iacovelli, and Peter Sharak. It consists of seasoned diced chicken in a fresh buttery sauce cooked on skewers.
Spiedini can be translated from Italian as skewer!
While this dish is bursting with Italian flavors, was created by Italian chefs and has an Italian name, it was technically created in America. So yes, it’s Italian in every way but geographically!
How to Store and Reheat
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store your leftover chicken spiedini in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat it in the microwave, air fryer, or oven until warmed through.
How to Freeze
Store cooled chicken spiedini in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Don’t forget to date and label!
Chicken Spiedini with Amogio Sauce
Craving Italian cuisine that is easy to make? Try this easy Chicken Spiedini recipe with a flavorful and buttery Amogio sauce served alongside it.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
Total Time : 55 minutes
Marinate: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, olive oil, wine, rosemary, oregano, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Place in the fridge to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
Once marinated, toss in the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese until well coated. Skewer the chicken onto bamboo or metal skewers and set aside.
Heat your grill pan over medium-high heat until warm. Brush on some oil to prevent the skewers from sticking. Grill the skewers for 4 minutes on each side until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
While the chicken is cooking, add all the amogio sauce ingredients to a medium saucepan. Simmer, the remove from the heat. Serve alongside the skewers.
- In place of the wine, you can also use chicken broth.
- For the lemon juice in the sauce, juice the lemon you zested for the skewers!
- If cooking on a barbecue, soak the bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes before using. If using a grill pan, you can skip this step.
Chicken Spiedini with Amogio Sauce
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 585
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 16g100%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 6g
Monounsaturated Fat 38g
Vitamin A 634IU13%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.