This easy Chicken Florentine Recipe features marinated chicken thighs that are pan seared to perfection and served in a creamy sauce with spinach, parmesan, and more! Ready in just 40 minutes and perfect for both dinner parties and weeknight meals with family.
What’s in Chicken Florentine
This creamy chicken dinner features budget-friendly ingredients that you might already have on hand!
- Chicken Thighs: Boneless chicken thighs are preferred.
- Garlic Cloves: Use fresh garlic for the best flavor, not pre-minced.
- Olive Oil: I recommend using a good quality extra virgin olive oil.
- Seasonings: You’ll need a medley of paprika, black pepper, salt, and turmeric.
- White Wine: Learn all about the best wines to cook with HERE!
- Heavy Cream: For the creamiest sauce, I don’t recommend using any other dairy product.
- Spinach: Use fresh spinach, not canned or frozen.
- Parmesan: Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the best flavor and consistency.
- Green Onions: The BEST garnish for chicken florentine!
PRO TIP: If you want to omit the wine, you can substitute it with chicken broth.
What else can I add?
Feel free to add some mushrooms if you’d like! You can also sprinkle in some Italian seasoning for a more herbaceous flavor.
It’s a simple mixture of white wine, spinach leaves, heavy cream and parmesan cheese.
When you see the word “florentine” used to title a recipe, that means there’s spinach in it! This creamy dish was aptly named for the two key ingredients.
I recommend using a dry white wine like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc. Remember, cook with a wine that you’d actually drink so you know you’ll like the taste.
How to Store and Reheat
Once cooled to room temperature, you can store any leftovers you have in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave in 30 second intervals until warmed through.
I like to serve chicken florentine over pasta so none of that delicious sauce goes to waste! Rice works well for the same reason.
Chicken Florentine Recipe
This delicious chicken Florentine recipe is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner, but fancy enough to serve to guests. Ready in 40 minutes, the chicken is served in a creamy spinach sauce for a rich and hearty meal.
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Total Time : 1 hour
Create a marinade of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, black pepper, salt, turmeric and sweet paprika
Place marinade in a ziplock bag
Add chicken thighs to ziplock bag and place it in the fridge. Let the chicken marinate for two hours
Cook chicken in a non-stick pan and for 8-10 minutes on each side
Set chicken aside once cooked through
Deglaze pan with wine
Add spinach, heavy cream to pan and cook for five minutes on a medium heat
Add parmesan and cook for an additional two minutes
Place chicken back in the pan and let it cook for an additional two minutes
Chop fresh onion and sprinkle over chicken
Serve when hot
Chicken Florentine Recipe
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 33g206%
Vitamin A 4418IU88%
Vitamin C 8mg10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.