Ham is a holiday favorite and the perfect Sunday supper! We love it oven roasted, slow-cooked, or even smoked. Add a sweet caramelized glaze, salt, pineapple, or mustard.
As much as we love the main event, I think we love leftovers even more. Below are our favorite Leftover Ham Recipes
Table of Contents
What To Do With Leftover Ham
But one of the best parts of a big meal (like a baked ham dinner) is the leftovers! Start by just reheating leftover ham slices and eating them as is, or get creative with our favorite recipes for leftover ham below!
How To Reheat Leftover Ham
You can reheat it in the oven by placing it in a shallow baking dish with ½ cup of broth and heating it at 325°F for 20-25 minutes. Or, if you only need to reheat a few pieces, try using an air fryer at 350°F for 3-5 minutes. Time will vary slightly based on how large the piece of ham is, how it is cut (thick vs. thin), and how much ham is being reheated.
How to Store Leftover Ham
Ham will last for up to 4 days in the fridge or longer in the freezer. Dice and package it into 1-cup portions to make it easy to use in recipes! A ham bone makes great soups. Keep it in the freezer, and then use it right from frozen!
- Fridge: Cooked leftover ham (spiral or other) can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days. (This also includes leftover sandwich meat ham once opened). Freeze it, and it will last longer.
- Freezer: Leftover ham should be well sealed (or vacuum sealed), and the leftovers can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Main Ham Dish Recipes
- Black Eyed Peas Recipe (with Ham) is a little bit like a soup but with less broth. So chunky and flavorful, perfect for serving with rice.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu is made from chicken breast rolled with cheese and ham. Just look at that picture! So hard to resist.
- Ham Balls are made from ground ham and then covered in a sweet red sauce. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
- Linguine Carbonara is a creamy Italian dish, made with a white sauce, and pieces of ham. So delicious.
Ham Casserole Recipes
Ham Sliders and Sandwiches
- Ham Salad is great for using leftover ham and for sandwiching between two slices of white bread.
- Monte Cristo Sandwich is the king of grilled cheese sandwiches.
Ham Soup Recipes
Ham and Corn Chowder is a quick weeknight meal with lots of corn, veggies, bacon and ham. This corn soup recipe is rich, creamy and delicious.
Wondering what to do with that leftover ham? Split pea soup is such a flavorful dish! Split peas and ham are simmered in a delicious broth to give you a thick and hearty soup.
Ham and Bean Soup is an easy “no-soaking required” recipe. Perfect for your leftover holiday ham, this takes just minutes to prepare and cooks effortlessly in the slow cooker all day long!
Looking for a hearty soup to fed a crowd? This ham and lentil soup is so easy to make! Made with a ham bone or diced leftover ham, it is so delish! Serve with a loaf of crusty bread for the perfect meal!
Ham Breakfast Recipes
More Ham Favorites
10 Other Ways to Use Leftover Ham
Ham is such an easy cut of meat to cook with. Use it to replace chicken or ground beef. It also makes great sandwiches or is perfect for snacking on its own!
- Add it in place of chicken in a quick fried rice recipe!
- Replace the chicken in your favorite chicken pot pie recipe.
- Serve a simple ham sandwich by frying the ham and putting it on toast with cheddar cheese and mustard.
- Top your favorite pizza dough with ham (or add it to a frozen pizza).
- Dice leftover ham into small pieces and add it to cooked peas with butter.
- Deck out your fave baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheddar, and ham for an easy meal!
- Add ham and cheddar to homemade biscuits and serve warm with butter.
- Add ham to almost any pasta salad recipe or macaroni salad!
- Add diced ham to scrambled eggs or omelets.
- Chop it up and add it to mashed potatoes or mashed potato cakes
Leave a comment below and let us know what your favorite leftover ham recipe is!